Westbourne Grammar School welcomes international students from many different countries around the world. We have a specialist Secondary Preparation Program delivered on campus and a dedicated international team to support our overseas students prior to entering mainstream study. We generally accept students for entry into Years 7 – 11.
The highest education certification offered by the School is the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
Why study at Westbourne
Westbourne students achieve excellent academic results and gain entry into the top universities in Australia and around the world.
Become connected to your class mates and form strong enduring relationships with them as members of the Westbourne community
The School provides an inclusive, safe, caring and supportive environment.
We offer an extensive range of subjects in the Victorian Certificate of Education.
Our teaching staff are highly qualified and experienced in teaching students from diverse backgrounds.
We have a broad range of co-curricular activities.
Our beautiful campus is in Melbourne’s west and is easily accessed by public transport.
School-approved homestay arrangements are with local families within close proximity to the School.
International Enrolment Process
Full fee paying overseas students (FFPOS) will be admitted to Westbourne Grammar School providing the following conditions are met:
1. There is a place available.
2. English Language proficiency is met through AEAS or IELTS testing results. If levels have not been met, admission can be granted with an enrolment of a semester of Secondary Preparation Program at the School.
3. All required documents are completed and received. These include:
Application for Enrolment Form – International Student
Certified translated transcripts of academic records from the past two years of schooling
Certified evidence of date of birth
Copy of passport
Certified copy of AEAS or IELTS testing results
Welfare arrangements of the student.
4. Entry into the School is subject to the assessment of the School.
5. Students accepted into Years 7 and 8 will only be considered if accompanied by a parent or a nominated relative to look after the student whilst they are studying. They will not be accepted into homestay.
6. For all students applying to Westbourne Grammar School who require homestay or will reside with a family other than a Department of Home Affairs approved Guardian, you must go through AHN (Australian Homestay Network) as part of the application process. For further information, visit www.homestaynetwork.org
7. Where an International Student is under a CAAW (Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare) arrangement of the School, the student is required to have a Student Advocate appointed and approved by the School while the student is undertaking study, irrespective of age. The School’s preferred Student Advocate agency is ‘ISA Student Advocates’. For further information. visit www.studentguardians.com
8. When enrolment approval has been given, the Admissions Office will finalise enrolment and admissions processes.
For students who have met the English Language Entry requirements but are not yet ready to enter mainstream classes, we offer one or two terms of Secondary Preparation. The Secondary Preparation Program is specifically designed to prepare students to enter mainstream classes upon completion. Secondary Preparation Program includes intensive English language teaching taught through various subjects including Australian Studies, Mathematics, Science, Issues and Text Studies as well as study skills.